And this is the last item on the list of "What I'm Working On Now" (or have just finished working on, since both "The Custom of the Army" and "Dirty Scottsdale" are done, though not yet published.
OK, follow me carefully here (because I think, from comments on other entries, that some of y'all are perhaps becoming confused by the plethora of information here):
1. "DRAGONS" is the title of a proposed anthology.
A. An anthology is a collection of short pieces, contributed by lots of different authors.
B. This particular anthology is meant to include short pieces on the subject of….well, dragons.
2. I was invited to contribute a piece to this anthology. All clear so far? Good.
3. I told the editors of the anthology that I have Way Too Much work to do, to write a short story or novella for this anthology myself—BUT that my son, who is also a writer, would be willing to coauthor a story with me.
A. He's a fantasy writer, and thus more qualified to handle dragons in the first place.
B. We've coauthored a couple of fantasy short stories before, with good results:
i. Mirror Image , in an anthology titled MOTHERS AND SONS, edited by Jill Morgan, and
ii. The Castellan, in OUT OF AVALON, edited by Jennifer Roberson.
4. The editors said that would be cool, and so did my son, so we accepted.
5. My son is doing the major writing on this piece, with me providing brainstorming and editing.
6. No, we don't have a projected publication date for this one yet, but most likely sometime in 2009.
7. Here (in the next blog entry) is a selected snippet of this (so far untitled) short piece.
8. And that's what-all I'm doing/have done these days! Hope y'all will enjoy the various bits and pieces as they come available!