Wednesday, September 9, 2009

US TOUR DATES!

US BOOK TOUR – DATES AND EVENTS

Just a note: Putting on a big signing event is not just a hassle for bookstores—it's expensive! They need to hire extra staff, often rent a larger venue, and always do a lot of local advertising. For that reason, some bookstores require a ticket to the event (though the ticket usually includes the price of the book), or will only allow you to have a book signed if you bought it from the store (though buying it from their online website is perfectly fine, too). I'd love to sign your books, but please do check with the bookstore ahead of time, just in case.


Tuesday, September 22nd
Scottsdale, AZ

6:00 p.m.
Poisoned Pen at the Arizona Biltmore
Arizona Biltmore
Grand Ballroom
2400 E Missouri Ave.
Phoenix, AZ 85016
Contact: Barbara Peters, (480) 947-2974
*This will be a reading/signing with Poisoned Pen to sell.


Wednesday, September 23rd
Denver, CO

7:30 p.m.
Tattered Cover Highlands Ranch
9315 Dorchester St.
Highlands Ranch, CO 80129-2521
Contact: Charles Stillwagon, 303-322-1965 Ext. 2736
*This will be a reading/signing.


Thursday, September 24th -
Nashville, TN

7:00 p.m.
Davis-Kidd Bookstore
The Mall at Green Hills
2121 Green Hills Village Drive
Nashville, TN 37215
Contact: Catherine Robinson, 615-385-2645
*This will be a reading/signing.


Friday, September 25th
Lexington, KY

7:00 p.m.
Joseph-Beth Booksellers
161 Lexington Green Cir., Ste. B1
Lexington, KY 40503
Contact: Brooke Raby, 859 271 5330
* This will be a reading/signing.


Saturday, September 26th
Dayton, OH

1:00 p.m.
Books & Co.
The Greene Shopping Center
4453 Walnut Street
Beavercreek, OH 45440
Contact: Sharon Kelly Roth, 937-429-6302
*This will be a reading/signing.


Sunday, September 27th
Asheville, NC

7:00 p.m.
Malaprops Bookstore at Diana Wortham Theater
2 South Pack Square, Asheville
Contact: Alsace Young-Walentine Events, Coordinator
828.254.6734/alsace@malaprops.com
Hotline to order tickets (for fans): 800.441.9829 or 828.254.6734 (pre-pay for book and get complimentary ticket)
*Note: This theater is within walking distance of Malaprops Bookstore so you will walk to this event from your stock signing at the store.



Tuesday, September 29th
Washington, DC

12:00 p.m.
Howard County Library Lunch
6600 Cradlerock Way
Columbia, MD 21045
Contact: Lisa Bankman, 410-313-7798 (office)/ 410.313.7750 (reception)/ 410.428.0217 (cell)/ lisa.bankman@hclibrary.org
*This will be a reading/signing.

7:00 p.m.
Borders Bailey’s Crossroads
5871 Crossroads Center Way
Baileys Crossroads, VA 22041
Contact: Laurie White, 734-477-1828
*This will be a reading/signing.


Wednesday, September 30th
Chicago, IL

12:00 p.m.
Bookstall “Women Writers” Lunch Series
Location: Mirani Restaurant, 727 Elm Street
Contact: Roberta Rubin, 847.446.8880/ Books@thebookstall.com


7:00 p.m.
Anderson’s Bookshop at North Carolina College
North Carolina College
Pfeiffer Hall
310 East Benton Ave.
Naperville, IL 60540
Contact: Candy Purdom, 630-355-2665
* This will be a reading/signing.

Thursday, October 1st
Minneapolis, MN

7:00 p.m.
B&N Roseville
2100 North Snelling Ave.
Roseville, MN 55113
Contact: Janet Waller, 651-639-9256
*This will be a reading/signing.


Friday, October 2nd
Phoenix, AZ

7:00 p.m.
Changing Hands Bookstore
6428 S. McClintock Dr.
Tempe, AZ 85283
Contact: Cindy Dach, 480-730-1142
*This will be a reading/signing.


Saturday, October 3rd
Scottsdale, AZ

6:00 p.m.
The Poisoned Pen Bookstore
4014 N Goldwater Blvd. Suite 101
Scottsdale, AZ 85251
Contact Patrick Millikin, 480-947-2974
NB: This is the launch party for Phoenix Noir,
an anthology of urban-crime short stories, and many
of the other contributing authors will be present to sign books, besides me.


Monday, October 5th
Portland, OR

12:30-2:00 p.m.
Salem Public Library
Loucks Auditorium
585 Liberty Street
Salem, OR
Contact: Sonja Somerville, 503.588.6083/ ssomerville@cityofsalem.net
*This will be a reading/signing. The library is approximately 1 hour from Portland.

7:00 p.m.
Powell’s Books Cedar Hills
3415 SW Cedar Hills Blvd
Beaverton, OR 97005
Contact: Michael Drannen, 503-228-4651 Ext. 5889
*This will be a reading/signing.


Tuesday, October 6th
Seattle, WA

7:00 p.m.
Third Place Books
17171 Bothell Way NE, Ste. A 101
Lake Forest Park, WA 98155
Contact: Wendy Manning, 206-366-3316
*This will be a reading/signing.


Wednesday, October 7th
San Francisco, CA

7:30 p.m.
Books Inc. Mountain View
301 Castro Street
Mountain View, CA 94041
Contact: Contact: Rob Garcelon, 650-428-1234
*This will be a reading/signing.


Thursday, October 8th
San Francisco, CA

7:00 p.m.
Copperfield’s Books
2316 Montgomery Drive
Santa Rosa, CA 95405
Contact: Stephanie Deignan, 707-823-8991 Ext. 215
*This will be a reading/signing.



Saturday, October 10th
Tucson, AZ

2:00 p.m.
B&N Tucson
5130 E. Broadway
Tucson, AZ 85711
Contact: Dena Roy, 520-512-1166
*This will be a reading/signing.


7:30 p.m.
B&N Scottsdale
10500 N. 90th Street
Scottsdale, AZ 85258
Contact: Larry Siegel, 480-391-0048

55 comments:

  1. Any plans to come to Toronto or Montreal, Canada? Please, or just come to Ottawa.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sad to see that the closest to Boston you're getting is Washington D.C.!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, me too--I love Boston! You don't, alas, have a big independent bookstore, and that's what the publisher is looking at when deciding where to send me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Angelina--

    The Canadian tour schedule goes up tomorrow. [g] But yes, I'll be (briefly) in Toronto. (Maybe Montreal later, but that would be for the French edition, which isn't yet translated.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. No plans to come to New York City? Sad! We have *lots* of big independent bookstores!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Diana, Was at Malaprop's in Asheville on Sunday for a poetry reading, saw your poster and pre-ordered my copy of Echo. I'll see you on the 27th.
    carol

    ReplyDelete
  7. I, like anotherjen, am also sad to see you aren't coming to Boston!! Do keep us in mind for any future tours/events/trips though!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OK, I can fly over to Phoenix or Tuscon from Las Vegas to meet Herself... So happy to be seeing this list!

    ReplyDelete
  9. YAY! I'm so glad to see you will be in Naperville again! Last time you were here (2005) I was hugely pregnant and desperately ill and couldn't make the trip (about 60 miles round-trip) but I have it on my calendar now!
    It should be North Central College, though, not North Carolina College. Now, why would you have North Carolina on the brain? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. We are so lucky in Northern California, 2 places, thank you, thank you!!!
    See you in Mountain View Diana.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This may be a piece of common knowledge that I'm unaware of, but I wonder why it is that publishers prefer independant bookstores when scheduling dates and venues for a book tour?

    I'm glad to have seen you at the Decatur Book Festival and appreciate your staying to sign books despite your pressing engagement. Being about 4 people from dead last in line, I was sweating it when my watch struck 3:00.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I agree! Come to Canada! My SIL worked at the Book Room in Halifax Nova Scotia and always talks about when she met you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Alas I will miss it when you are in Portland, and about 15mi from my house at one of my favorite bookstores but my fiance tells me the tickets for the honeymoon have already been purchased and I'll just have to read the book on the plane! I hope you have a GREAT visit here anyway! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wish you were coming to Albuquerque or to The Land of Enchantment~

    ReplyDelete
  15. Can't wait to see you again in Vancouver! Since I met you last year, my husband has gotten into your books...he's already on Drums in Autumn! He hasn't read any novels since high school, 37 years ago! We've had great fun discussing the story over the last few weeks and you've even made him cry a few times as well as laugh out loud. It's great!

    You are such an intelligent writer and you don't hold your reader's hand when you tell a story...we have to think and pay attention. Thanks, Diana, and keep on writing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I wish you could come to Wisconsin (especially Green Bay area!). As a mother of two small boys, I can't make the trip to Chicago :-(

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm so incredibly disappointed that I won't be able to make the signing in Salem, OR! It's only an hour from Eugene, but it's on the first Monday that we have students in our Reading Clinic and I can't go! Ah well...I'll get the book and enjoy it anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  18. At the risk of sounding like a spoiled brat..there isn't going to be Southern Cal signing/reading?!? I am SO utterly depressed!! I just went to Vroman's website and they have plenty of dates open!! :))

    ReplyDelete
  19. Dear Keri--

    Well, I actually _live_ in Santa Fe part-time, so will undoubtedly be doing something there and/or in Albuquerque before too long (I was just at Bubonicon two weeks ago [g]). It just isn't on the official publisher-sponsored tour.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Dear Kirsten--

    I'll be in Germany in March (March 16-18, they tell me), and will in fact be doing Lit Cologne. See you there!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Dear in2puck--

    They do, but I don't, alas. I'm doing _four_ back-to-back tours--the US, Canada, New Zealand, and Australia--and won't be home again 'til Thanksgiving, as it is.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Dear Diana,
    Im a very big fan from Spain. I know it´s very difficult for you to come, but I keep dreaming ^^
    Thank you for all the wonderful moments while reading your books.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Come to Texas! There is nothing on the schedule near us (Houston)!

    ReplyDelete
  24. You have to visit Braunschweig when you're in Germany. There is also a big bookstore here. :)

    http://www.blogigo.de/Nenya/Bs.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  25. Very much looking forward to seeing you in Maryland! <g>

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  26. I can't wait til the Santa Rosa, CA event! Sounds great. Thanks for doing all the touring. And of course for writing so wonderfully!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh, I'm sad you won't be in Michigan. If I can make it to Chicago or one of the other Midwest-area dates, I will. My disappointment when I realized one day too late that I'd missed your library seminar in Michigan. I'm on the very last part of my second time through Fiery Cross, and moving right on to ABOSAA in preparation for my pre-ordered and eagerly awaited copy of An Echo in the Bone. Thank you for writing, Diana!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi! No Florida dates? :(

    ReplyDelete
  29. Well Okay, Thanksgiving with your family IS very important so I understand! :)) Maybe I can make a
    trip to Tucson seeing as it is only a 1 hour and 20 minute flight GRIN

    ReplyDelete
  30. Diana,
    Charleston SC is lovely this time of year:) I know we can find a book store somewhere in the city. I am beyond excited about Echo and can't wait for my package to arrive. I just recently read your Panalba blog, I found it to be very funny and charming. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  31. How about Providence, RI? We're close to Boston, and there are several independent bookstores! May I recommend Books on the Square (http://www.booksq.com/)? Your New England fans would be very happy!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Look, guys--I don't pick the places where I'm going. The publisher does that, and they have two main criteria (probably a lot of smaller ones I don't know about, for that matter): They want a store that can and does host _big_ events (like Denver's Tattered Cover, or Seattle's Third Place books. There are lots of excellent small independents, but they just aren't set up to do this, in terms of room, experience, or expense), _and_ they want a bookstore that reports its sales to the NYT list.

    But I don't choose where to go, and I can't add cities and events willy-nilly.

    ReplyDelete
  33. It definitely is surprising and saddening that they're not sending you to anywhere in New England! Regardless, have a safe trip - this all sounds exorbitantly tiring. I feel weary just looking at your schedule.

    ReplyDelete
  34. I wish there was a location close to FL - maybe next time

    ReplyDelete
  35. If you're not happy with the tour dates, contact Random House. Plain and simple.

    ReplyDelete
  36. You're coming to the NC mountains! How wonderful! Oh, I need to write that date down NOW! :)

    ReplyDelete
  37. I can't imagine what it must be like for you to have all this traveling ahead of you. As a HUGE fan from the beginning, I live in Austin and would travel anywhere in Texas to see you. My husband and 3 kids already know that come next week, don't bug mommy for a few days. I even prep meals ahead of time because I don't cook, don't do laundry, do emerge from my room when your books come out. It's the only time I get to go "on strike."

    ReplyDelete
  38. Diana,
    Any plans to ever come to New Jersey or New York ? Please :)
    Carol L.
    Lucky4750@

    ReplyDelete
  39. Hi Diana,
    Your schedule makes you the Queen of Time Travel. Oh wait... you already are!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Oh Boy....can't wait to see you again in KY (and get my Fraser fix)
    I fill my time between books with sewing projects. When you visited Lexington signing ABOSAA I was sewing Scottish Teddy Bears and sent one home to live with you, hope he was a good boy. As chance would have it I have just started a new project and will be so pleased to share my craft with you and thank you in person for sharing your craft with the rest of us.

    ReplyDelete
  41. Any chance to lure you back to the Northshire in Manchester, VT ?
    I seem to remember, many years ago, you were cooked supper by John Irving...pasta ,maybe? :0))

    ReplyDelete
  42. Dear Blackbird--

    No, Chinese stir-fry. [g] Manchester isn't normally on my tour itineraries, but at that point in time, Mr. Irving's wife was my Canadian literary agent.

    ReplyDelete
  43. Diana,

    I am thrilled that you're coming to Minnesota! Note I say Minnesota because I wish for the world to realize that there is far more to Minnesota than Minneapolis and technically if you fly in to the "Minneapolis" airport and go straight to the B&N listed you will never set foot inside they city of Minneapolis. I can't wait to see you!

    ReplyDelete
  44. You're coming to the DC area! I'm so excited! If I can't get someone to cover my shift at work that night, I will be so, so sad.

    ReplyDelete
  45. Any plans to come to New Orleans or any place nearby? How about Austin, TX? I have family there & would gladly fly out for a signing!
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  46. In regards to your big independent book store in Boston comment... What about Brookline Booksmith in Brookline MA? They're a good sized independent bookstore, and host a lot of signings there.

    Though I'm tempted to bring the bus down to DC it might be quite a huge endeavor. Hope you come to Boston soon!

    ReplyDelete
  47. We would love to have you in Salt Lake City, ANYTIME!!

    ReplyDelete
  48. Yes we would love to see you in Salt Lake! A few of my friends and I have been watching for any sign of a tour date in the area.

    ReplyDelete
  49. Diana you really should come to the North East. Boston needs you.

    ReplyDelete
  50. Will you be coming back through North Carolina? There is a huge fan base here and we would love more opportunities to see you!

    (As I'm typing my coworker says... Please, Please, Please, Please!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  51. Hey! What about L.A.??????????? Southern California loves you, too!

    ReplyDelete
  52. Would love to see you in Las Cruces, NM or El Paso. Can't get to the Phoenix area until November. :((

    ReplyDelete